Saturday, October 3, 2015

Worker Electrocuted on Kemepegowda International Airport Runway

BENGALURU: A 20-year-old electrical assistant was electrocuted after he was hit by 5,000 volts while attending to maintenance work of the runway lights at the Kemepegowda International Airport on Thursday night. The victim Madhan Kumar was a resident of Kadarappanahalli and was employed with Vasuki, an electrical firm.

According to the police, the incident occurred at around 10.15 pm.

“Madhan Kumar, along with his newly joined colleague, Mahesh, went to junction spots numbered 2 and 7. Madhan was taking the meter readings and was explaining to Mahesh about the readings when his right hand came in contact with a live wire accidentally and he got electrocuted,” a police officer said.

“Mahesh ran to his office and informed his supervisors who in turn alerted the MS Ramaiah Clinic at the airport. The medicos shifted him to the clinic where he was declared dead,” the officer added.

“The runway lights are powerful. There was an exit wound on his left hand,” the officer added.

 The international airport police have booked the management of Vasuki for negligence.

Source:  http://www.newindianexpress.com

No comments: