Volunteers are needed for when the Minnesota Thunderbirds Air Show comes to the Mankato airport this June.
The Kiwanis Club is recruiting local groups and individuals to volunteer.
They say about one–thousands volunteers are needed....500 for each day.
Scott Wojcik says, "It's a great opportunity to get some funds for your organization and to get to see a great air show."
The show is June 27th and 28th.
Minnesota Air Spectacular Volunteer Opportunity:
1. We are looking for volunteer groups of 10 or more individuals. If you are interested in more volunteer hours, you can schedule multiple volunteer shifts.
2. There are four volunteer shifts available (choose one or more):
Volunteer shift #1: Saturday, June 27th 8:00am – 1:00pm
Volunteer shift #2: Saturday, June 27th 1:00pm – 6:00pm
Volunteer shift #3: Sunday, June 28th 8:00am – 1:00pm
Volunteer shift #4: Sunday, June 28th 1:00pm – 6:00pm
3. Volunteer benefits include: Free admission to an incredible event, food voucher, T-shirt, and an opportunity to raise funds for your organization. The 2012 event donated $15 per volunteer (it was increased to $30 based on the success of the event). This year the goal is to provide at least $15 per volunteer and it is possible this amount will be increased again based upon the success of the event.
4. The volunteer orientation meeting is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, June 24th from 6:00pm -8:00pm at the Verizon Wireless Center in Mankato. We ask one volunteer from your organization to attend the orientation meeting.
5. Volunteers age 10-14 should be with an adult chaperone. Volunteers age 14+ can be on their own within groups.
Scott Wojcik (507-340-7252 / email@example.com) or Matt Norland (612-600-0595 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
-KEYC News 12
Article and video: http://www.keyc.com