Sunday, June 17, 2018

Hawker Beechcraft 58 Baron, N218BL, privately owned and operated Fatal accident occurred June 13, 2018 in Springfield Township, Burlington County, New Jersey

Those who may have information that might be relevant to the National Transportation Safety Board investigation may contact them by email, and any friends and family who want to contact investigators about the accident should email

The National Transportation Safety Board traveled to the scene of this accident.

Additional Participating Entities:  

Federal Aviation Administration / Flight Standards District Office; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Textron Aviation; Wichita, Kansas
Continental Motors, Inc.; Mobile, Alabama

Aviation Accident Preliminary Report - National Transportation Safety Board:

Location: Springfield Township, NJ
Accident Number: ERA18FA167
Date & Time: 06/13/2018, 0908 EDT
Registration: N218BL
Injuries: 2 Fatal
Flight Conducted Under: Part 91: General Aviation - Positioning 

On June 13, 2018, about 0908 eastern daylight time, a Beech 58, N218BL, impacted a field near Springfield Township, New Jersey. The private pilot and pilot-rated passenger were fatally injured, and the airplane was destroyed by impact forces. The airplane was privately owned and operated under the provisions of Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 91. Day instrument meteorological conditions (IMC) prevailed, and an instrument flight rules (IFR) flight plan was filed for the positioning flight, which originated from South Jersey Regional Airport (VAY), Mount Holly, New Jersey, about 0904, and was destined for Barnstable Municipal Airport-Boardman/Polando Field (HYA), Hyannis, MA.

According to preliminary air traffic control (ATC) voice and radar information provided by the Federal Aviation Administration, about 0858, the pilot contacted McGuire Field (Joint Base McGuire Dix Lakehurst) Airport (WRI) Clearance Delivery and was issued an IFR clearance to HYA. At about 0901, ATC released the flight for departure, and about 0904, the pilot reported airborne on WRI Departure Control frequency (radar data indicated 200 ft mean sea level [msl] climbing northeast bound). At about 0905, the airplane was radar identified (radar data indicated 600 ft msl climbing northeast bound). At about 0906, ATC attempted to contact the pilot but there was no response. The radar data indicated the airplane proceeded on a northeasterly direction and climbed to 1,300 ft msl, then began a right descending turn. Between 0906:04 and 0906:28 radar data indicated a loss of altitude from 1,300 ft msl to 500 ft msl. During this time ATC issued a low altitude alert, with no response. There were two more radar returns, one at 0906:33 indicating 1,000 ft msl and the last one at 0906:38 indicating 1,600 ft msl. At about 0907, ATC announced radar contact was lost.

A witness who was located outside about 800 ft south of the accident site reported hearing the airplane coming toward him from the east. He could not see the airplane but recalled the sound to be very loud. The airplane sound circled behind him, again, he could only hear it. He stated the sound got less for about 12-15 seconds and returned from the northwest. He stated that his first visual sighting of the airplane was to the north, He recalled the airplane flying away from him with the left wing a few degrees lower than the right wing. Using his fingers to measure, he stated the airplane was about 2 inches above the tops of the trees while the engines were making a very loud constant sound. He heard the airplane crash describing it as a "thud" and went to his vehicle then drove to the accident site to render assistance. He indicated in writing that as the airplane flew overhead, he did not see any smoke.

Examination of the accident site revealed the airplane impacted in a field west of Springfield Jacksonville Road; the energy path was oriented on a magnetic heading of 055°. Wreckage was located in the field west of the road, in treelines on both sides of the road, on the road, and also east of the road. The airplane which was heavily fragmented was recovered for further examination of the airframe, engines, and propellers. 

Aircraft and Owner/Operator Information


Registration: N218BL
Model/Series: 58 UNDESIGNATED
Aircraft Category: Airplane
Amateur Built: No
Operating Certificate(s) Held: None 

Meteorological Information and Flight Plan

Conditions at Accident Site: Instrument Conditions

Condition of Light: Day
Observation Facility, Elevation: VAY, 53 ft msl
Observation Time: 0901 EDT
Distance from Accident Site: 6 Nautical Miles
Temperature/Dew Point: 19°C / 19°C
Lowest Cloud Condition:
Wind Speed/Gusts, Direction: 3 knots, 180°
Lowest Ceiling: Overcast / 400 ft agl
Altimeter Setting: 29.99 inches Hg
Type of Flight Plan Filed: IFR
Departure Point: Mount Holly, NJ (VAY)
Destination: Hyannis, MA (HYA)

Wreckage and Impact Information

Crew Injuries: 1 Fatal

Aircraft Damage: Destroyed
Passenger Injuries: 1 Fatal
Aircraft Fire: None
Ground Injuries: N/A
Aircraft Explosion: None
Total Injuries: 2 Fatal
Latitude, Longitude: 40.026111, -74.755556

Close to a month after the June 13 crash, all that’s really known is that Robert Winner and Timothy Scannevin were departing on a flight planned from South Jersey Regional Airport in Lumberton to a municipal airport in Hyannis, Massachusetts, where the pair planned to pick up a patient for Angel Flights East.

Three minutes.

That’s all it took for what was expected to be an easy 90-minute flight by two experienced pilots on a volunteer medical transport mission to go from routine to tragic.

What happened during those fateful three minutes is still a mystery and may remain one forever.

Close to a month after the June 13 crash, all that’s really known is that Robert Winner and Timothy Scannevin were departing on a flight planned from South Jersey Regional Airport in Lumberton to a municipal airport in Hyannis, Massachusetts, where the pair planned to pick up a patient for Angel Flights East, a nonprofit group that uses volunteer pilots to provide free medical transport for patients in need.

Something went wrong shortly after takeoff, but a preliminary report by investigators with the National Transportation Safety Board makes no conclusions as to a cause, and the evidence the report details offers no easy conclusions.

According to the report, which was released by the NTSB last month, there were no distress calls from the plane, and 911 calls after the crash also gave no obvious indication of a mechanical failure before the aircraft went down in a field in rural Springfield.

Winner, 69, of Evesham, and Scannevin, 71, of Southampton, were killed in the crash, which New Jersey State Police officials said caused the plane to virtually “disintegrate” upon impact.

The debris from the wreckage has been collected, and investigators have said every piece would be examined for signs of mechanical failure or any clues to what might have happened.

The preliminary findings from the NTSB indicated the plane made a rapid descent shortly after takeoff, but witnesses saw no smoke coming from the aircraft before the crash, although they reported the engine was making a constant and loud noise.

Winner was the owner and pilot of the Hawker Beechcraft 58 Baron that filed the flight plan from South Jersey Regional to Barnstable Municipal Airport-Boardman/Polando Field in Hyannis for the patient pickup.

Winner’s son, Jeff, said his father began flying in 1992, when he was still a dairy farmer in Moorestown. He later sold the 68-acre farm off Centerton and Hartford roads to the county, which turned the site into an agricultural center, and began flying more frequently. He started volunteering for Angel Flights in 2005 and flew upward of 75 to 100 missions over 13 years, according to his son, who said his father kept a detailed logbook of every flight for the nonprofit.

Scannevin frequently accompanied Winner on the flights and was an experienced pilot who had his own plane at South Jersey Regional, according to published reports.

The NTSB report indicated that the pair received clearance for a flight path north by Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst at 8:58 a.m. and that they took off at 9:04, signaling by radio that they were airborne at an altitude of about 200 feet and climbing. It would be their final radio transmission.

At 9:05 a.m., radar indicated the plane was 600 feet above the ground and headed northeast. A minute later, an air-traffic controller attempted to contact the pilot but received no response.

Radar data indicated the plane continued northeast and climbed to 1,300 feet when it began to make a right descending turn just after 9:06. During the next 24 seconds, the plane would rapidly descend from 1,300 to 500 feet, prompting the air-traffic controller to issue a low-altitude alert, again with no response from Winner or Scannevin.

Seconds later, another radar return showed the plane was back at 1,000 feet. A final return at 38 seconds after 9:06, showed it had climbed to 1,600 feet. Twenty-two seconds later, the air-traffic controller signaled that he’d lost contact.

Garrett Andrew Rodriguez-Maribona was coming home from a doctor’s appointment when he noticed a large “shadow” cross Smithville-Jacksonville Road. The 27-year-old Eastampton resident recalled driving in a “huge wall of smoke” before seeing what he believed was an explosion in nearby woods.

He called 911 and told the dispatcher “something blew up on the side of the road.”

Recordings from Rodriguez-Maribona’s call and others that morning were obtained by the Burlington County Times through Open Public Records Act requests.

“Something blew up,” he said, after the dispatcher asked for his location and what he saw. “It’s off in the woods, but there’s metal everywhere. ... There’s a huge thing of smoke.”

After being transferred to another dispatcher on the fire desk, he was told a transformer likely blew.

“Keep everybody out of the area; it’s probably a transformer. ... We’ll have someone out there to check it out,” the dispatcher said.

Moments later, Rodriguez-Maribona called 911 again, explaining that more people had stopped at the explosion scene and believed a plane had crashed.

“I talked to another person, and he said he heard what sounded like plane and then an explosion,” Rodriguez-Maribona said. “I’m starting to see what looks like parts of a cockpit.”

“Can you see anybody in it?” the dispatcher asked.

“There’s debris everywhere. There’s wheels and stuff; it’s definitely a plane. ... I’m realizing it’s a plane now. It’s (expletive) up. I don’t think no one’s alive. I see the seats, but I don’t see anybody.”

For the next few minutes, he tried to direct the dispatcher to the location, explaining that much of the wreckage was about 50 yards into the woods and could be seen from the road.

He then told the dispatcher that a body had been located underneath a portion of the plane.

Another 911 call to Central Communications came from an unidentified woman, who said she heard the sound of a plane “in trouble” and then a “boom.”

“To me, it didn’t sound like a boom big enough for that incident, but then I couldn’t hear the plane no more,” she said, before telling the dispatcher her location near Monmouth and Smithville roads. She repeated again that she believed the plane might have been in trouble.

“I used to fly in a small plane; that’s why it caught my attention,” she said. “I did not see it. ... It’s so cloudy. ... There’s a lot of woods here, so I don’t know how far above it was. But I didn’t see it in the sky. I heard the boom and I no longer heard the plane.”

At least one witness did see the plane flying low near trees before the crash, according to the NTSB’s preliminary report.

The witness was not identified in the report but told investigators he was about 800 feet from the crash scene and saw the plane coming toward him from the east. He said that the sound from the engine was very loud, and that the plane circled behind him and was last seen traveling north just above the trees. He said he did not see any smoke but heard a loud “thud” when the plane crashed.

Reports from the scene revealed the plane initially crashed in a field west of Springfield-Jacksonville Road, then crossed through trees on both sides of the road before coming to a rest in the woods on the east side.

NTSB investigators described the wreckage as “heavily fragmented” but said parts of the frame, engines and propellers were recovered.

“Our role as investigators is to see if there was anything wrong (with the plane) pre-impact,” said Tim Monville, the agency’s senior air safety investigator, during a briefing the day after the crash.

Monville said a suspected cause of the crash would not be revealed until after the investigation is concluded and a final report is issued. That’s not likely to occur for another year to 18 months, he said.

There’s also the possibility that the board will be unable to determine a cause. Jeff Winner believes that may be the most likely outcome.

“They may or may not find something. To find what went wrong is difficult, especially in the condition the plane was in,” he said. “There’s more of a likelihood that we will never know.”

Tim Scannevin (left) holding one of the many Angel Flight transports. The family traveling with the baby took the photo on May 27, 2016. Bob Winner (right) stands next to Scannevin with his Hawker Beechcraft 58 Baron behind them. 

Timothy Gerard Scannevin
JANUARY 19, 1947 ~ JUNE 13, 2018 (AGE 71)

TIMOTHY GERARD SCANNEVIN of Southampton, NJ, passed away suddenly on Wednesday, June 13th, 2018.  He was 71 yrs. of age.  Born in Brooklyn, NY, he is the son of the late Arthur Frederick Scannevin and the late Mildred Martha (Carrier) Scannevin. Retired from Munich Re-insurance Company in Princeton, NY, Tim held his Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Science in Education from State University of NY in Stoneybrook-Plattsburgh, NY.  He was a veteran of the US Air Force and was a private pilot with his ratings in single engine, glider and sea planes.  He is the Beloved Husband of Leigh Martin of Southampton, NJ and the brother of the late Kevin Arthur Scannevin, Derrick “Rick” Scannevin and his wife Lynne of Brewster, MA and the late Scott Scannevin.  He is also survived by his four nieces and nephews, Sarah, Sean, Carley and Eric Scannevin.  Funeral services will be private and at the convenience of the family.  Funeral arrangements are under the direction of the BRADLEY & STOW FUNERAL HOME, Medford, NJ.  In lieu of other expressions of sympathy the family requests memorial donations to Angel Flight East, 1501 Narcissa Road, Blue Bell PA, 19422.

Robert A. Winner

Robert A. Winner passed on June 13, 2018 at the age of 69, doing what he loved - flying and helping others. 

Bob worked hard and played hard. After 54 years on the farm, he enjoyed retirement doing the things he loved most - skiing in Vermont, fishing in Costa Rica, traveling to Broadway in NYC, enjoying the beach in Long Beach Island, traveling to new places with Sue, and working on home fix-it projects with Amy and Jeff. He had a tight knit circle of friends at the South Jersey Regional Airport - self-named “The Trunk Monkeys” and they’d fly together most weeks to a landing strip somewhere close for a burger and “trip around the block.” He lived every day with zest and love and truly to the fullest. 

He loved to help others - whether it was picking someone up in the middle of the night from the airport, re-drywalling a basement, flying a friend to visit a loved one, or installing sliding trash cans in the kitchen - and at the end of every perfectly executed project, he’d exclaim “that’s the berries!”. 

The life of a dairy farmer is intense. He spent the majority of his life running a business that constantly threw curve balls. Bob rarely got more than a few hours of sleep at a time, between midnight barn checks, 4:00 AM milkings, and surprise calf deliveries. But he somehow made it in for dinner with the family almost every night, and even when pipes had frozen or critical machinery was broken, he was there with his family for Christmas morning and birthday dinners. 

Even with a full plate on the farm, he also was in a leadership role in the local, then national cooperative that kept so many of the country’s dairy farms in business. In the early 70’s he was part of the Atlantic Dairy Council’s Young Cooperative Program from the day he graduated from college and took a place alongside his father, Maurice “Speedy” Winner running Pleasant Acres Dairy Farm. He was the president of the Dairy Council, starting in 1988, and later served on the Board of Directors for Land O Lakes cooperative and later their Foundation from 1997 - 2004. Bob retired from farming in 2002 and sold the farm to Burlington County under farmland preservation. It now is the Burlington County Agricultural Center. 

Anyone who knew Bob can attest to his integrity, honesty, compassion, kindness, and grit. Please help keep his memory alive by following his example and lending a helping hand when you can. 

Bob is survived by is wife of 47 years, Susan (nee Ziehler), daughter Amy Winner, son Jeffrey Winner and his wife Maureen, brother Wayne Winner and sister Nancy Brooks. He was the beloved grandfather to Desmond, Owen and Jack Winner. 

A memorial service will be held 11:00 AM Monday June 18th 2018 at the First Presbyterian Church, 101 Bridgeboro Road in Moorestown, NJ. Interment Private. 

Please no Flowers. If you’d like to make a donation, please consider Memorial Gifts may be sent in Memory of Robert Winner to:
Angel Flight East, 1501 Narcissa Road, Blue Bell, PA 19422;

GiGi’s Playhouse Down Syndrome Achievement Center, 720 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY 10502;

Please help us remember Bob by gathering stories about him at:

Bob Winner on his former dairy farm in Moorestown, New Jersey.

Even when the steady life of endless chores still framed his days, Robert Winner knew dairy farming might not last and pondered the future.

“I may find something else to do with the rest of my life,” Winner told the Inquirer in 2001.

In September 2013, Winner, 69, found that something else in Angel Flights, a nonprofit that helps transport medical patients in need of care. Winner was embarking on an Angel Flight around 9 a.m. Wednesday, authorities said, when the plane he owned went down along Smithville-Jacksonville Road near Oxmead Road in rural Springfield Township, Burlington County.

The twin-engine, six-seat Beechcraft Baron 58 plowed through a field and across a roadway before tearing into a stand of trees, officials and witnesses said. Winner, of Evesham, and fellow passenger Timothy Scannevin of Southampton were killed.

Winner died just 11 miles from the family farm in Moorestown where he labored for decades.

“He would wake up at 3:30 in the morning and work until it was dark so he could have a nice retirement,” Winner’s son, Jeff, said Thursday. “It’s a damn shame.”

Lt. Ted Schafer, a New Jersey State Police spokesperson, said Winner and Scannevin, 71, were en route to Hyannis, Mass., to pick up a patient. The crash occurred just after takeoff and according to Maj. Brian Polite of the state police, the plane “disintegrated.”

Federal records show that Winner owned the plane and was a pilot. Scannevin was also a pilot and plane owner. It is not known who was at the controls when the plane crashed.

Jeff Winner said his father and Scannevin were friends and often flew together: “This is something that they did together. I didn’t know him well myself, but he’s obviously got the same heart as my father.”

Scannevin’s wife, Leigh Martin, said her husband “loved to fly. There’s not much else to say.”

“He was the love of my life and just the best person in the world,” she said, noting they had been together for about 40 years and had been married for the last 14 years.

Martin said that once Scannevin retired from Munich Reinsurance in Princeton after 30 years in July 2009, he flew several times a week, weather permitting. He met Winner at South Jersey Regional Airport, where they both kept their  planes, Martin said at her home in Southampton. “It’s a close-knit family of pilots.”

Beyond flying, Scannevin made frequent trips to the library where he pursued his other passion, reading. “He read everything,” Martin said with a chuckle. “He probably read a book every other day.”

The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the cause of the crash.

Tim Monville, senior air safety investigator for the NTSB, said the investigation would take 12 to 18 months. “The goal of this investigation is to determine what happened, why, and how we can prevent it,” he said.

Three NTSB officials arrived Wednesday, Monville said, and were joined Thursday by Federal Aviation Admininstration officials, who join all NTSB investigations. Representatives of airframe and engine manufacturers, who are not always involved in NTSB investigations, also arrived to help determine whether there were pre-flight defects with the plane.

Monville said that the plane crashed in a field, went through trees and across the road, and came to a stop in another field. “Preliminary information tells us that the plane was airborne for about six minutes or less.”  The pilot made no distress call, he said, and there was no evidence of a pre-crash fire.

The NTSB is just at the beginning stages of its investigation, Monville said, but they plan to remove the wreckage and reconstruct the plane to evaluate damage. “We will also be obtaining maintenance records, license records, and pilot training records to evaluate the experience of the pilot,” he added.

The plane took off at 9:04 a.m. A 911 call about the crash came in six minutes later. The plane was turning right before it was lost on the radar, Monville said.

According to FlightAware, a private service that tracks flights using radar and Federal Aviation Administration data, the plane took off from South Jersey Regional Airport in Lumberton, Burlington County, on Wednesday morning for a 92-minute flight to Barnstable Municipal Airport on Cape Cod.

Its flight plan called for the twin-propeller plane to hit a speed of 207 mph and an altitude of 7,000 feet. Instead, it was only airborne for slightly more than three minutes, reaching only 1,300 feet before crashing, FlightAware said.

Ellen Williams, executive director of Angel Flight East, confirmed that the two pilots were on a nonemergency mission to transport a patient in need of medical assistance far from home, free of charge.

She said Winner, one of about 400 Angel Flight pilots, had flown 16 missions since joining in September 2013. Volunteer pilots use their own aircraft and cover all expenses on each flight. Scannevin was not an Angel Flight pilot.

Winner, who got his pilot’s license in 2008, was approved to fly multi-engine aircraft and to fly at night using instruments. He last passed a medical check in August 2016, records show.

“The fact that this happened is just so shocking,” Jeff Winner said. “He was so meticulous about everything in life and his flying. He would spend so much time making sure that plane was ready to fly, and if there was a problem he always knew how to respond.”

Winner and his wife, Susan, sold the last 70 acres of the family dairy farm in Moorestown in 2005 so it could be preserved as open space. The sale headed off a plan by Toll Bros. to buy the land from the couple for a nine-building office park.

Winner’s family began farming the land in the county in 1949, the year of Robert Winner’s birth. Robert Winner wound down the operation, selling off his 170-head cow herd even before the land sale.

Now the county operates a farmers’ market at the site on Centerton Road and has put a commercial kitchen in the family’s old farmhouse.

“He and his wife were the two nicest people you would ever want to work with,” said Mary Pat Robbie, county director of resource conservation. “They would visit the farm now and then. It was always a pleasure to see them.”

Jeff Winner said his father found great satisfaction in flying Angel Flight missions.

“My dad chose to spend his time flying people to hospitals. He didn’t have anywhere to go yesterday. He just wanted to help someone,” Jeff Winner said. “He’s got a diary of everyone he’s taken to hospitals. He was so proud of that log. It made him really happy.”

Winner also was a member of the board of the Land O’Lakes agricultural cooperative from 1997 through 2004, and served on the Land O’Lakes Foundation.

Besides his wife of 47 years and son, Winner is survived by a daughter, Amy, and three grandchildren.

Martin said her husband earned his pilot’s license in the 1980s.

She recounted the morning that her husband died.

“I thought it was just another Angel Flight. He loved to do those with Bob,” she said. “We always kiss goodbye every time he leaves.”

She heard the news of the crash first from a friend who knew just basic information of the incident, but Martin says she knew it was the plane her husband was on. “Shock. Disbelief. Just numb,” she said. “The mind doesn’t work straight anymore.”

Original article can be found here ➤

New Jersey State Police Major Brian Polite briefs reporters on the plane crash.

SPRINGFIELD TWP. - Two South Jersey men were killed when a twin-engine plane crashed Wednesday morning, officials confirmed.

Robert A. Winner, 69, of Marlton and his co-pilot Timothy Scannevin, 71, of Southampton, were identified as the victims, said Sgt. Lawrence Peele of the New Jersey State Police. 

The National Transportation Safety Board is still on the scene investigating the crash. The agency has not yet said what led to the plane going down just after 9 a.m. Wednesday.

The pair had been flying a mission for Angel Flight, a volunteer medical transport service.

Ellen Williams, executive director of Angel Flight East, confirmed that Winner was on an Angel Flight mission. Scannevin was not the patient, she said. 

Winner had flown for Angel Flight previously, and his last mission was in late April, Williams said.

An NTSB official on Thursday described Winner's scheduled flight as a positioning flight, essentially moving the aircraft from one airport to another to prepare for a second flight.

Winner was a longtime county farmer who sold his 88-acre property on Centerton Road in Moorestown and Mount Laurel to Burlington County for preservation in 2005 for $7.1 million. That farm is now the Burlington County Agricultural Center, where the weekly county farm market is held on Saturdays.

“He was one of the nicest people I ever knew,” said Mary Pat Robbie, the county director of resource conservation who was involved in the farm transaction.

“I know he used part of the proceeds to buy a new airplane and that he did a lot of traveling to exotic places,” she recalled.

She said it was a difficult decision for him to give up his farm. “But it was hard work, especially when the dairy cows were there.”

The twin-engine aircraft —  a Hawker Beechcraft 58 Baron — took off from South Jersey Regional Airport in Lumberton about 9 a.m. and was bound for Hyannis, Massachusetts.

It crashed a few minutes later near the the 1100 block of Smithville-Jacksonville Road.

"Shortly after takeoff, there was an occurrence that caused the aircraft to crash, and that crash did take place on both sides of the road," New Jersey State Police said Wednesday. "There were a lot of trees in that area and there was some contact between the aircraft and the trees."

Witnesses described seeing smoke and shadows cross through a field and over the roadway before seeing the plane crash into a patch of woods.

Winner is the registered owner of the downed aircraft, according to federal databases.

The Beechcraft Baron took off from the Lumberton airport around 9:04 a.m., according to FlightAware, an aircraft tracking website.

That plane's flight path appears to have gone offline a few minutes into the flight near the area of the crash scene, according to FlightAware data.

The last recorded data point was a little after 9:07 a.m., just over three minutes after departure and just west of Smithville-Jacksonville Road. That plane descended from 1,300 feet to 400 feet in less than 90 seconds, with no further data points recorded.

FlightAware recorded nearly 10 flights in the plane since March 31, with the most recent occurring on June 1, with the aircraft returning to the Lumberton airport from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, following a 37-minute flight.

Scannevin is the registered owner of a Flight Design CTLS, a single-engine plane, according to federal databases.

That plane last recorded a flight on Saturday, leaving South Jersey Regional Airport and flying to an airport in Sussex before returning to Lumberton.

The airport management declined comment on the crash.

Kevin Gammage, an assistant manager, described Winner as a "great guy," adding that he did not know Scannevin.

Officials with the NTSB provided a media briefing Thursday afternoon to update on the investigation.

Senior Air Safety Investigator Tim Monville said no distress call was made prior to the crash.

Monville said a preliminary report will be prepared over the next week and a full report outlining the cause could take 18 months to complete.

The investigator said the plane was fragmented.

"We still have to analyze the wreckage further," he said.

Story and video ➤

No comments:

Post a Comment