Saturday, September 15, 2012

Missing helicopter lands safely in Palawan - Philippines

CAMP EFIGENIO C. NAVARRO, Calapan City – The Philippine National Police (PNP) Region 4B Office here and the Regional Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (RDRRMC) announced over the weekend that the helicopter that was earlier reported missing in Occidental Mindoro has safely landed in Palawan province.

MIMAROPA (Mindoro-Marinduque-Romblon-Palawan) disaster authority chief Eugene Cabrera, quoting reports from the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), said the private chopper, which reportedly went missing earlier Friday after it made a brief emergency landing in Mamburao, Occiental Mindoro, actually landed in Taytay town in Palawan, at 3:25 p.m. the same day.

The said chopper, which was described as colored gray with body number RPC 1207 and owned by Prima Iluminata Ventures, Inc., a trading company in Manila, reportedly lost contact with aviation authorities before noon of September 14.

“All passengers (and its two pilots) who are employees of the company were all safe,” Cabrera said.

In his earlier report to the regional police operations command here, Chief Insp. Rolly Capoquian, the police chief of Mamburao in Occidental Mindoro, stated his unit has received report from local aviation authorities at around 11 AM last Friday that a helicopter was about to make an emergency landing in Brgy. Tangkalan because of bad weather in the said province.

However, the police official recounted that when they arrived in the supposed landing area, the chopper had already left. Capoquian though noted the chopper allegedly landed near Babuy River there but left just after about 10 minutes when the river began to rise due to the heavy rains.

The last contact aviation authorities made with the said chopper was before it left Barangay Tangkalan and those manning the air vehicle were reported as saying that they intended to land instead at the Mamburao airport in Barangay Payompon, about five kilometers away from the first village.

Capoquian said the helicopter never landed in the airport, adding aviation authorities and his policemen on the ground reported they saw the chopper flew over the airport but never landed.

It was then that they (authorities) lost contact with the chopper, the PNP official said.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.