Sunday, July 22, 2012

Remote-controlled airplane battery sparks garage fire - Petaluma, California

The battery in a remote control airplane started a fire Saturday that destroyed a Petaluma garage, fire officials said. 
Neighbors to the Redwood Circle home near East Washington Street were hosing down the fire when firefighters arrived, Battalion Chief Phil Sutsos said.

The fire, reported at 6:36 p.m., started in a garage and had begun to spread into the attic of the two-story home near downtown, Sutsos said.

The neighbors knocked down visible flames with the hoses and fire crews then attacked fire and hot spots still spreading through the garage attic, Sutsos said.

Damage to the garage was extensive, estimated to be about $12,000 to the structure and $15,000 to the contents, Sutsos said.

Rancho Adobe, CAL FIRE, Wilmar, Lakeville, San Antonio and Sonoma County firefighters assisted.


No comments:

Post a Comment