Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Evolution Revo, N145PT: Accident occurred August 21, 2018 at Hawthorne Municipal Airport (KHHR), Los Angeles County, California

Federal Aviation Administration / Flight Standards District Office; Los Angeles, California

NTSB Identification: GAA18CA499
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Tuesday, August 21, 2018 in Hawthorne, CA
Aircraft: EVOLUTION TRIKES REVO, registration: N145PT

NTSB investigators will use data provided by various entities, including, but not limited to, the Federal Aviation Administration and/or the operator, and will not travel in support of this investigation to prepare this aircraft accident report.

Crashed on landing.

Date: 21-AUG-18
Time: 19:45:00Z
Regis#: N145PT
Aircraft Model: REVO
Event Type: ACCIDENT
Highest Injury: NONE
Aircraft Missing: No
Activity: UNKNOWN
Flight Phase: LANDING (LDG)
Operation: 91

A light sport aircraft crash-landed Tuesday at Hawthorne Municipal Airport, but the two occupants escaped largely unscathed, county fire officials said.

Firefighters and paramedics were dispatched to the airport at 12101 S. Crenshaw Blvd. at 12:32 p.m., a dispatcher said.

The Evolution Revo impacted terrain. 

The pilot and passenger were taken from the scene by paramedics to another part of the airport to be checked out. Both refused medical treatment, according to county fire officials.

Story and video ➤

A light sport aircraft crashed near a runway at Hawthorne Municipal Airport Tuesday afternoon, but its pilot and one passenger were not seriously injured, officials said.

The crash occurred at 12:30 p.m. at the airport, said Gustavo Medina, an inspector with the Los Angeles County Fire Department. Paramedics evaluated the two people who were on board, but they declined transport to a hospital, he said.

Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said the agency will investigate what caused the Revolution Revo to crash as it landed.

The Revolution Revo crashed just north of the runway in a “safety area,” and the passengers walked away, said Airport Supervisor Guido Fernandez.

Original article can be found here ➤

No comments: