Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cessna 172S Skyhawk SP, C-FNET: Fatal accident occurred August 24, 2012 in Moorefield, Canada

NTSB Identification: CEN12WA575 
14 CFR Non-U.S., Non-Commercial
Accident occurred Friday, August 24, 2012 in Moorefield, Canada
Aircraft: CESSNA 172, registration: C-FNET
Injuries: 4 Fatal.

On August 24, 2012, about 2030 eastern daylight time, a Cessna 172S, Canadian registration C-FNET, was substantially damaged on impact with terrain near Moorefield, Ontario, Canada. The pilot and three passengers sustained fatal injuries. Visual meteorological conditions existed in the vicinity of the accident site. The local personal flight originated from the Kitchener/Waterloo Airport.

The investigation of this accident is under the jurisdiction and control of the Transportation Safety Board of Canada. This report is for informational purposes only and contains only information released by or obtained from the Government of Canada. Further information pertaining to this incident can be obtained from:

Transportation Safety Board of Canada
Place du Centre
200 Promenade du Portage, 4th Floor
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
J8X 4B7

The 20-year-old pilot of a fatal plane crash that killed everyone on board was a licensed pilot who had dreams of fighting forest fires.

Toronto-resident Marko Misic was piloting the Cessna 172 on Friday when it crashed near Moorefield, Ont., about 150 kilometres northwest of Toronto.

Provincial police identified Misic and the three other young victims of the crash on Sunday. All were from the Greater Toronto area and all were Bombardier interns.

Passengers Mohammed Shahnawaz Zia, 23, Wasay Rizwan, 27 and Victoria Margaret Luk, 19, all died after the small plane crashed in a cornfield.

Tony Misic told CTV Toronto that his brother always loved airplanes.

“Anything with airplanes he would do. He would study. At 13 he was telling me what plane was flying up in the sky,” Tony Misic said.

“All the models… he knew everything.”

Tony said his whole family is still struggling to accept the young boy’s death.

“He's like half me. I can't really imagine living without him right now. It's going to hit me in a while I already know that,” he said.

Marko joined the air cadets at the age of 12 and by 16 had received his first flying licence. By the age of 19, he got his commercial licence.

The young pilot had even won an award from WestJet for his flight training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.